“At Suffah we strive to achieve excellence”
Suffah Primary School is a warm and caring community housed in a building that incorporates the largest Mosque in West London. We are an independent primary school Age 3-11. There are currently 183 pupils on roll (including nursery).
Suffah Primary School is committed to providing a happy, secure and attractive environment in which all members of our school community – children, teachers, parents, staff and governors- work together in an atmosphere of friendship, tolerance and understanding.
The school Trustees are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated, forward-looking and experienced inspirational Nursery Coordinator to build on past successes and has the vision and ethos to lead the future development of our thriving Early Years Department.
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed and enhance the ethos of the school which is to provide high quality education in an Islamic environment;
- We are looking for a qualified childcare professional possessing strong management skills, who is able to lead a well-established Nursery;
- Educated to a minimum NVQ Level 3 in Childcare Learning and Development or an equivalent Early Years qualification and with recent managerial experience in a childcare setting
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
- Deliver an excellent level of customer service to parents
- Develop, motivate and performance manage your team
- Manage all day to day operations of the nursery
- To communicate effectively with all members of staff and be professional at all times.
- To contribute and participate in the development of new ideas.
- Take overall responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of the children, ensuring that their needs are met.
- To ensure that the nursery is fully resourced with essential items to allow for full implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Health & Safety legislation.
- Take part in regular meetings with the Head Teacher/ EY Manager/ Reception Lead, informing of nursery developments, implementation of standards, policies and procedures, areas of concern, and planned timetable of work.
- To be a key holder for the nursery.
- To be accountable for staffing within the nursery ensuring that appropriate ratios of qualified to unqualified staff and children to staff are maintained.
- To contribute to the implementation of the Early Years Improvement Plan and carry out associated tasks
- To participate in effective transition procedures
- To be involved in the assessment of new children entering the nursery.
Preferred training, qualifications and experience:
- CACHE Level 3, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards
- Knowledge of the EYFS
- Organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Previous relevant supervisory experience
What we can offer:
- OFSTED: ‘A good school with some outstanding features.’
- Welcoming, well behaved, talented and creative children who work with enthusiasm and passion
- Enthusiastic staff, committed to taking the school forward
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure procedures.
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply:
Complete the attached application form and send to
For more details call - 0208 572 9817